A lot of people think that the term ‘adventure session’ means we have to climb up a mountain at sunset, sleep in a tent and fight off bears with our bare hands – jk kinda.
The point is that people think they are too big and elaborate for them to have one of their own. So what really is an adventure session?
My version of an adventure session is the opportunity to plan a unique experience, simple as that! We can go with the flow of the location or plan something more in detail like a stylized shoot if you have a specific look in mind. Adventure styled sessions are a perfect mesh with my photography style because they give us the opportunity to have real fun, be flexible and capture candids. I also use the change of locations to guide you into WOW shots you didn’t even know we could create together. More locations means a larger variety of backgrounds in the final photographs, which who wants all of the images to look similar anyway right?
YESSS a plane ride over Niagara Falls would be amazing, waterfalls and long hikes up to mountain tops are up there on the dreamy list too! But there can be incredible photograph opportunity’s in real lifestyle activities.
Here are some adventure session ideas that you might be overlooking:
- a boat trip where we go out to different islands, fish, play with the kids, go tubing
- a couples romantic session on a kayak in a pond
- a trip to a beach, park, or city area
- aquariums, museums, petting zoos
- ice cream/fast food restaurant dates
- theme park dates
- family vacation sessions
- national parks + state parks are my FAVORITES because there are so many options to explore!
- themed sessions – 80s date, halloween fun, paint party
- carnival/fair sessions – UM, AMAZING colors!
- store sessions – target for example, who doesn’t want to play with their kids in target?
- downtown exploration in any city/hometown
Basically what I’m saying is that we can make magic happen in any location, even in the poring rain. A photoshoot can always be fun + unique if you’re up for the flexibility!
If you want me to find incredible places near you, or plan something weird + fun I’M YOUR GIRL! Don’t get me wrong – normal sessions are fabulous too, and I still incorporate many of these things into those sessions.
If you think one of these adventure sessions are for you – or you have your own idea in mind, message me! I’m available worldwide and up for all of the fun. 🙂
-Jenna Winebarger, Owner of Whimsy Life Photography + Whimsy Day Photography